The second GASICS Meeting will take place at RWTH Aachen in October 2009, from Thursday 22nd to Friday 23rd. It will start on Thursday at 11:00 and end on Friday at 15:30.
During this meeting we shall exchange news about our ongoing work, and as a special feature there will be presentations from two other projects in the LogiCCC program of the European Science Foundation, namely
The aim is to find topics and problems where a collaboration would be rewarding.
The meeting takes place at the Computer Science Center in Seminar Room 5056.
Please register by sending an email with the following information to email@example.com:
- Your name,
- your affiliation,
- if you want to give a talk, then the title of your talk.
Due to the support of ESF for this cross-CRP activity and support by funds of RWTH Aachen University, there is no registration fee. We thank both institutions.
Thursday, 22nd October 2009
|10:30 - 11:00||Registration|
|11:00 - 11:30||J. De Pril: Nash-Equilibria in Quantitative Games|
|11:30 - 12:00||R. Brenguier: Equilibria in Timed Games|
|12:00 - 12:30||G. Oreiby: Nash-Equilibria for Two-Player Games on Weighted Automata|
|12:30 - 14:00||Lunch (Mensa Vita, at own cost)|
|14:00 - 14:50||J. Rothe (CFSC): Overview of CFSC|
|14:50 - 15:10||D. Baumeister (CFSC): A Computational Analysis of Minimal Unidirectional Covering Sets|
|15:10 - 15:30||C. Lindner (CFSC): Not Everyone Likes Mushrooms — Fair Division and the Degree of Guaranteed Envy-Freeness|
|15:30 - 16:00||Coffee break|
|16:00 - 16:30||J.-F. Raskin: Overview of GASICS|
|16:30 - 17:00||K. G. Larsen: Refinement Checking and Timed Game Automata|
|17:00 - 17:20||E. Hoogland: On the ESF EUROCORES Program LogiCCC|
|18:15 - 19:15||optional: Tour through Aachen cathedral and town center (Meeting Point: Cathedral entrance)|
|19:30 - 22:00||Dinner|
Friday, 23rd October 2009
|09:00 - 09:30||J.-F. Raskin: Algorithms for Energy Games and Mean-Payoff Games with Perfect and Imperfect Information|
|09:30 - 10:00||J. Fearnley: Non-oblivious Strategy Improvement|
|10:00 - 10:30||R. Lazic: Branching Vector Addition Systems|
|10:30 - 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 - 11:45||J. Väänänen (LINT): Overview of LINT|
|11:45 - 12:15||D. Berwanger (LINT): Strategy Construction with Antichains|
|12:30 - 14:00||Lunch (Mensa Vita, at own cost)|
|14:00 - 14:30||P. Galliani (LINT): Probabilistic Dependence Logic|
|14:30 - 15:00||W. Fridman: Six Types of Pushdown Games|
|15:00 - 15:30||M. Zimmermann: Parametric LTL Games|
|15:30||End of meeting for participants|
|15.30 - 16.30||GASICS Steering Committee Meeting|
- Baumeister, Dorothea (CFSC, Düsseldorf)
- Berwanger, Dietmar (LINT, Cachan)
- Bouyer, Patricia (Cachan)
- Brenguier, Romain (Cachan)
- Brihaye, Thomas (Mons)
- Bruyere, Veronique (Mons)
- Czerwinski, Wojciech (Warsaw / Dortmund)
- David, Alexandre (Aalborg)
- De Pril, Julie (Mons)
- Doyen, Laurent (Cachan)
- Ducobu, Marc (Mons)
- Fearnley, John (Warwick)
- Filiot, Emmanuel (Bruxelles)
- Fischer, Diana (Aachen)
- Fridman, Wladimir (Aachen)
- Galliani, Pietro (LINT, Helsinki / Amsterdam)
- Ganzow, Tobias (Aachen)
- Gauwin, Olivier (Lille / Mons)
- Gentilini, Raffaella (Bruxelles)
- Grädel, Erich (LINT, Aachen)
- Herbreteau, Frédéric (Bordeaux)
- Hoogland, Eva (ESF, Strasbourg)
- Horn, Florian (Wien)
- Idziaszek, Tomasz (Hasselt / Warsaw)
- Jurdziński, Marcin (Warwick)
- Kaiser, Łukasz (LINT, Aachen)
- Larsen, Kim G. (Aalborg)
- Lazic, Ranko (Warwick)
- Lindner, Claudia (CFSC, Düsseldorf)
- Löding, Christof (Aachen)
- Markey, Nicolas (Cachan)
- Naiyong, Jin (Bruxelles)
- Neider, Daniel (Aachen)
- Olschewski, Jörg (Aachen)
- Oreiby, Ghassan (Aalborg)
- Puchala, Bernd (LINT, Aachen)
- Rabinovich, Roman (LINT, Aachen)
- Radmacher, Frank (Aachen)
- Raskin, Jean-Francois (Bruxelles)
- Rothe, Jörg (CFSC, Düsseldorf)
- Rutkowski, Michal (Warwick)
- Schobbens, Pierre-Yves (Namur)
- Serre, Olivier (Paris)
- Slaats, Michaela (Aachen)
- Spelten, Alex (Aachen)
- Thomas, Wolfgang (Aachen)
- Väänänen, Jouko (LINT, Helsinki / Amsterdam)
- Yang, Fan (Helsinki)
- Zeitoun, Marc (Cachan)
- Zimmermann, Martin (Aachen)
Here are some choices for hotels in Aachen offering special rates for guests of RWTH Aachen University. Please ask explicitly for these rates.
Hotel garni Baccara
Turmstr. 174, 52064 Aachen
Single room (including breakfast): €65
Double room (including breakfast): €95
This hotel is close to the venue and easily reachable by bus from Central Station.
Hotel Ibis Aachen Marschiertor
Friedlandstr. 6-8, 52064 Aachen
Single room (including breakfast): weekdays €76.26, weekends €82.26
Double room (including breakfast): weekdays €82.26, weekends €92.26
This hotel is close to Central Station and the venue is easily reachable by bus. WiFi is available for €9 per 24 hours. A contingent of 15 single rooms is blocked for the meeting until September 21st. Please mention the keyword "GASICS".
Aquis Grana Cityhotel
Büchel 32, 52062 Aachen
Single room (including breakfast): €85
Double room (including breakfast): €100
This hotel is close to the city center and the venue is easily reachable by bus. WiFi is available at no charge. A contingent of 15 single rooms is blocked for the meeting until September 21st. Please mention the keyword "GASICS".
The meeting takes place at the Computer Science Center of RWTH Aachen University, located at Ahornstraße 55 in Aachen. See venue above.
By planeNearby airports are Cologne-Bonn (CGN) and Dusseldorf (DUS). From there you can take the train to Aachen Central Train Station (Aachen Hbf). Trains depart hourly and take approximately 90 minutes.
By trainAachen Central Train Station is serviced by ICE trains, the Thalys, as well as several regional trains. You can find your connections at the website of Deutsche Bahn.
Getting to the Computer Science Center from the Central Train Station
The easiest way to get to the Computer Science Center is to take a taxi to "Ahornstraße 55". This costs about €10.Alternatively you can go by bus:
- Opposite of the Central Train Station is the "Bahnhofstraße".
- Follow the "Bahnhofstraße" till you reach the "Theaterstraße".
- At the "Theaterstraße" you will find the bus stop named "Wallstraße". Take bus no. 33 in direction "Vaals (NL)/Klinikum" (the bus goes downhill).
- The trip takes approximately 20 minutes. Get out at "Halifaxstraße" (the stop is in fact the topmost "H" on the map above).
- The Computer Science Center is located directly across the street.
By carFind your directions via Google Maps. Parking is free on the parking lot accessible from "Mies-van-der-Rohe-Straße" (see venue above).
Local Organizer: Wolfgang Thomas.
Please send all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.